April 18, 2013

TWO DAYS left and a little off the top

For the third straight night I got 9 hours of sleep!  Woke up early and again debated going for a walk, but rolled over and enjoyed that 9th hour!  Got up, stretched it out and....NO PAIN!  All day long - not even a twinge of pain.  I can still feel the knots with my hands, but the spasms are gone.  This has given me the boost of confidence I needed to get my mind right!
Spent a good amount of time on the road today so went with the McDonalds Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel for breakfast.  I love their bagels and they're obviously full of carbs.  I'm sure I got some protein out of it too.  For lunch I found a grilled chicken sandwich with fries.  The fries were more like potato wedges, and of course I put extra salt on all of it to help retain all the water.  I had 32 ounces of water this morning and a 32 ounce Gatorade this afternoon.  For dinner Molly made Italian Beef and parmesan potatoes, and I only had one sandwich and loaded up on the salt again.  Nothing but water after 7:00 for me, and plenty of it.  Very happy with my diet this week in getting the things I need!
When I got home from work, I found a break in the rain so took the dog for a brisk walk.  We only went about 15 minutes, but it was just enough to keep my legs moving without putting any stress on my back.  Early to bed again tonight as tomorrow night may be a little more difficult to unwind.  My wife has not been a fan of my choices this week.  At 9:15 when I ask if she's ready to go up, I get "the look", but she doesn't seem to mind getting all the extra sleep.
However, tonight I may have pushed my luck with my approval rating.  I've been thinking for a long time about cutting my hair - to the extreme.  There's something about changing something that gets me a a little bit fired up.  I have changed many things over the years internally, and the result on the external is somewhat obvious.  The comments are what keep me going.  Unfortunately, tonight's change didn't garner the comments I hoped for.  In fact, Molly's first words were "I want to cry" - not exactly the words of affirmation I was looking for (good thing that's not my love language) - That was shortly followed by "And you left the facial hair?  Are you trying to make yourself as far away from my preferences as possible?"  Ouch, why don't you just kick my dog while you're here!  Nonetheless - it completes my "gameface" and I LOVE IT.  You're entitled to your opinions too!  36 HOURS TIL GO TIME!

Mr. Nice Guy - OFF
Game Face - ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment