August 24, 2014

Perception vs Reality

Things are not always what they seem.  But as I continue to disappoint myself week after week, reality is setting in. 

This week I was unable to run the first half of the week because I had pulled a muscle in my back trying to help Carter ride his bike.  I also developed a head cold late in the week.  Add in 90% humidity and 70+ degrees at 8 a.m. yesterday for my long run, and I had a completely miserable 10 miler that took over 2 hours!  I need to come to terms with the reality that my body is simply not the same. 

I have scheduled a consultation with a local chiropractor for Tuesday morning.  In many ways, I'm hoping she tells me my running career needs to end; yet at the same time, I can't decide what the next chapter would look like.

All of that negative aside, I'm super excited to take the family to Virginia Beach next weekend for the RnR VA Beach Half!  It should be a GREAT weekend!  Next post will be the race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment