March 18, 2012

Week 2 training update

Just completed the second week of the 18 week training plan for the Ironman 70.3 Muncie!

Swims are going well - 3 days per week at 5:30 a.m., and I don't mind it.  Pretty steady with my pace.  Nothing fast, but very steady!  Only 1000-1250 yards at a time for now.

Bike rides are getting stronger with each ride.  Today was the longest ride at 30 miles, and I averaged over 17 mph (fastest so far on any distance)  Legs felt great!

Runs had felt a little stagnant to me, but this week I laid back on speed to save the legs for yesterday's Shamrock 10k race, and I crushed it!  PR by over 3 minutes!  52:10 is a 8:22 pace! 

There is no doubt I am getting stronger and faster with every workout, and when I step away from it, I can see it - black and white!

My weight is holding steady at 211-213, and I'm becoming very aware of what I'm eating, but thankfully my wife is cooking some great tasting, healthy meals that I'm more than happy to eat!

Now for the challenge - we leave Thursday morning for a 8-9 day vacation!  I'm excited to spend lots of time with my family away from the office, but am concerned about getting my workouts in.  I am willing to do what it takes in the resort facility.  The website says they have treadmills, spin bikes, and a lap pool, so the only excuse I may have is on travel days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment