March 3, 2012

Get your MARCH on!

I have been waiting anxiously for this month for a very long time - with great anticipation, and a motivated anxiety, I officially begin my training for the Half Ironman on Monday!!

With the help of my Ironman friend, Matt Hay, I have decided on an 18 week plan - check it out here if you're interested!

http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms/tno_HIM.asp

My base miles for the run are well above the starting point. My base miles for the bike can only be equated to the indoor cylcing bikes at the Y, but I've put serious time in over the last two months. And then there's the swim! I will meet the pool at 5:30 a.m. Monday morning, and take my first stroke since last September! 6 months ago! I've got a long way to go, but I've got a stellar doggie paddle, and I'm not afraid to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment