December 23, 2012

Week 1 Complete...mostly

Well, week 1 did not go "exactly" as planned.  Here is a quick recap.

Monday - swim only = problem 1 - NO GOGGLES!
Seriously, Sunday night I'm getting my things together for a Monday morning pool swim and discover that I'm missing my goggles.  I recall having lost them at Steelhead, and having to borrow Morgan's for the September Sprint Tri, but I don't recall buying a new pair - because I didn't!  FAIL!
So after a quick trip to Dunham's, we're now set for a Tuesday swim!

Tuesday - I just swam for 35 minutes, and boy are my arms tired!!
But then I had to do the regular workout too, so the evening run and bike still took place, but I cut them both a little short.  The treadmill was in order for the run, and the trainer left much to be desired.

Wednesday - I bailed on the swim from doing all three disciplines yesterday, but knew I had to get out for a run.  Bad weather was about to move in, so Pete and I hit to the streets for a cold 5 miler which was what the marathon plan called for.  Unfortunately, I had some pretty bad back pain after I got home and relaxed.

Thursday and Friday were completely out of the question as Molly has surgery, and I was taking care of the kids and off of work myself.  The driving back and forth to Indy took too much time, so I knew I had to have a good weekend.

Saturday run ended up on the treadmill, and was to be 8 miles.  I ended up running 6 and walking 2, but at least the back held up with no real problems.

Sunday was the longest trainer ride to date at 80 minutes.  I was ready to get off at 50, but knew I had to get the time in, and felt very accomplished when it was all done!

Next week is Christmas, so it's not going to get any easier to stay on the plan, but we'll do our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment