October 25, 2012

Muncie Mini Plan and Play List

1:59:59 - That's the goal!  Anything faster than that and I've exceeded my expectation.  Anything slower than that and it's just not meant to be. 

A year ago at this race, I PR'd with a 2:10:xx and the course measured short.  This is my best chance to go under 2 hours.  The plan is to go out comfortably at low 9s pace and drop a couple sub 9 minute miles in there before the turnaround (mile 7.3).  Ideally I will hit mile 10 at 1:30; that will give me plenty of confidence to bring it home under goal.  It is an out and back course and I have a good handful of friends racing that will be uplifting to see them on the course.

I train with one earbud in, and so I will race the same way.  I realize I'm opening myself up to criticism here, but here are the tunes that get me going these days.  Yes, I like mostly newer music, but it's a pretty decent mix (no country) - Some are meaningful, some inspirational, and others just match a good running tempo for me.  There is exactly 2 hours of music here!  They are listed in alphabetical order, but I'll just press Shuffle and hope they hit me at just the right time as I need them!  (If you see one you don't know, google it, I bet you'll like it!)

All The Small Things - Blink 182
Beautiful Day - U2
Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings
Clocks - Coldplay
Closer To The Edge - 30 Seconds to Mars
The Edge of Glory - Lady GaGa
Everlong - Foo Fighters
The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes (Ryan Tedder)
Gangnam Style - PSY
Glad You Came - The Wanted
Good Feeling - Flo Rida
Good Time - Owl City (Carly Rae Jepsen)
I'm Not Afraid - Eminem
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
Live Your Life - T.I. (Rhianna)
Lose Yourself - Eminem
More - Matthew West
Not Over You - Gavin DeGraw
Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
One More Night - Maroon 5
Raise Your Glass - Pink
Rooftops - Lost Prophets
Run This Town - Jay-Z (Kanye)
Shake It - Metro Station
Starships - Nicki Minaj
Stronger - Kanye West
Titanium - David Guetta (Sia)
Too Close - Alex Clare
Without You - David Guetta (Usher)

No comments:

Post a Comment