April 22, 2012

Week 7 update

As of today's workout, I have completed 7 full weeks of training for the Muncie Ironman 70.3

Today's bike ride was 47 miles.  Yesterday's run was 8 miles.  And the longest swim is 1750 yards.  I am getting very comfortable with each discipline at these distances, but fear how well I can put them all together. 

Last weekend I found an opportunity to jump in a Sprint Triathlon in Carmel, and took it!  The swim was an indoor 400 and I did it in 8:55 - The bike was a 10 mile ride in windy conditions, and I still averaged 17.7 mph.  The run was 3 miles, and I wasn't sure how it was going to time out as my legs were shot from the hard bike, but I still managed a proud 8:44 pace.  Overall I ranked 258 out of 527 and was VERY happy with this!

I have 2 weeks until the Indy Mini, but am committed to helping Molly finish.  It will be nothing more than a good walk with my best friend.  This will allow me to stick to the plan without worry of what a half marathon would do to my body if I were racing.

Last update - Wednesday is the drawing for the New York Marathon entries!  Part of hopes I don't get drawn so I don't have to endure the long training hours as I am now - And yet, it's the chance of a lifetime that I would be so thankful to have!  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment