October 10, 2010

Ready or not, here I come!

It's been a month since my last post, and it's only another month until the marathon. It's been a good month. All my times are faster, all my paces are more consistent, and my body feels like it's ready.

I ran a 15k race 2 weeks ago on the greenway and surprised myself with a 10:13 pace finishing 3rd in my age group.

Last week my long run was 20 miles. It was fun to run from home to Prairie Creek and halfway back to the downtown Y. Pace was 11:41 which is :14/mi slower than where I need to be, but it was a freezing cold morning and rained on me 8 of the 20 miles.

Next weekend is another 20 miler and I think I can go 11:25 or better.

Today was a great 10 miler with my friend Pete. He has even agreed to sign up for the half marathon and travel down with me. We think we can even run together for the first 7 miles until we split courses.

After next week, I start tapering back gradually. Long runs are 12 miles and weekly runs never go over 6.

I've decided my goal is to break 5 hours (11:27 pace)...and I'm ready!

I ADVISE U TO DETERMINE YOUR GOALS NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment