October 24, 2010

2 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Just a quick update! Things are going great.

I ran the Chase Charlie 5k, and ran my fastest 5k in just over 26 minutes.

I continue to run with Pete, and we really push each other well.

My second 20 miler was last weekend, and I went 11:25 pace, just as I planned.

With that tapering officially began. Yay!

Today was 8 miles, and we paced it at 10:32. There's nothing more than 5 miles between now and race day.

The game plan for race day is start with the 4:45 pace group (10:52/mile) and hang with them through the 13.1 mark. At that point, I'll decide how long I can hang with them. If I need to start fading, I can fade at a rate of a minute per mile and still finish ahead of 5 hours!

The goal of course is just to finish, but to go under 5 would be the icing on the cake!

I ADVISE U TO TAPER AS NEEDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment