July 7, 2013

The stress of being stressed

If you're a regular follower of this blog and you've been wondering where I've been for the last 4 weeks, I have no one to blame but myself, but I do hope you'll forgive me.

Since my last post, the Olympic distance at PCR, I have logged a tremendous amount of training miles and hours.  The workouts have been long and arduous and extremely focused on the drills and distances being asked of me.

Making things even more complicated has been the ongoing planning of the race that I am a co-director of, the Four for the Fourth which took place yesterday, and went off without a hitch. 

Now we have just one week left until Muncie 70.3, and as you can imagine with my wife being the director of volunteers, the stress has shifted in our home from his to hers.  She has done an amazing job thus far, and I'm sure it will all be fine.

That's not to say that I won't be dealing with my own stress as I am obviously racing this weekend, and REALLY want to do well!

I can see a bit of a light near the end of the tunnel as we are taking our summer vacation following the race in Destin, however, there will be a fair amount of training going on while we are away. 

So that's what's up....

No comments:

Post a Comment