July 5, 2011

10k under 9?

Happy Independence Day!

Today, I independently unleashed my freedom to run FAST!

Chesterfield Optimist 10k - entered under the excuse of wanting to compare this race to the one I just organized 2 days earlier (which by the way, ours is better); yet motivated by the performance of many of my friends on the 4 mile course on Saturday. The plan was to go out fast, and just try to hold on. Mile 1 - 8:40, somewhere around 1.5, Pete said, "it's all you" and I pulled away; Mile 2 - 8:40. Mile 3 - 8:58. Mile 4 - 9:11, Mile 5 - 9:03, and Mile 6 - 9:06, and that's when Amy Fletcher caught me. I'd never beaten her, and today was my chance. She pushed me the last 0.2 where I sprinted ahead to finish in 55:32, an 8:53 pace!
Age group award winner!

Proving once again...anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment